Sexual Assault Awareness Month
31 March 2015 | 4:45 pm
April is Sexual Assault Awareness Month. Join with us as Oregon State University is hosting a variety of events, open to the community, to raise awareness this month.
- April 8 - Documentary Screening: Miss Representation
- April 10 - Kappa Delta Sorority's Philanthropy: Mock Rock
- April 14 - Survivor Resource Panel
- April 15 - Documentary Screening: The Mask You Live In
- April 17 - 4th Annual Social Justice Conference & 4th Annual International Health Conference: Gender and Violence
- April 20 - Cultural Barriers to Reporting
- April 22 - Documentary Screening: Brave Miss World
- April 24 - Debunking Myths of Same-Sex Domestic Abuse
- April 29 - Denim Day - Denim DayDenim Day is an international demonstration of solidarity with survivors of sexual assault. It was triggered by a court case that overruled a rape charge on the basis that the victim must have assisted in the removal of her jeans because they were too tight to have been removed by the assailant alone
- April 29 - Take Back the Night - Take Back the Night is a night dedicated to ending sexual violence. The evening’s activities include a march to express the strength of women and men allies uniting together to end sexual violence.