Purple Streamers for Survivors
1 October 2017 | 5:27 pmDomestic Violence Awareness Month (DVAM) was launched nationwide in October 1987 as a way to connect and unite individuals and organizations to end domestic violence. This year marks the 30th anniversary of DVAM. Much progress has been made to support survivors, hold abusers accountable and create social change to end domestic violence. Today one in four women will experience domestic violence in their lifetime and we believe these statistics are too high.
- Locate one of our displays. There are six locations throughout Linn and Benton county, see list below.
- Add a streamer to the display in honor or support of domestic violence survivors. Streamers are available at many of the hosting locations, see complete list below (donations accepted).
- Let others know that you support survivors of domestic violence. Ideas include sharing a picture of you at one of our displays (you can tag or mention CARDV) Or wear a purple ribbon, socks, tie, nail polish, or other items during October. When someone asks you why you are wearing purple, let them know you support survivors of domestic violence and they can too.
- Visit www.cardv.org/dvam for more ideas on how you can show your support for survivors of domestic violence.
- Linn County Courthouse, 4th and Ellsworth, Albany (streamers available at Visiting Angels, 250 Broadalbin St SW #250, Albany)
- Lebanon Police Department, 40 N 2nd St. (streamers available inside lobby)
- Lebanon City Maintenance Department, 305 W Oak St. (streamers available at Lebanon Police Department)
- Sweet Home Chamber, 1575 Main St. (streamers available inside)
- OSU Women's Center, 1700 SW Pioneer Place, OSU Campus (streamers available inside or at Barker-Uerling Insurance 340 NW 5th St. Corvallis )
- Philomath Fire Department, 1035 Main St. (streamers available inside or at Barker-Uerling Insurance 340 NW 5th St. Corvallis )
A special thank you to Xtreme Grafx for donating the signs for our displays. Thank you to all the hosting locations and streamer pickup locations for showing your support of survivors.
For more information about Domestic Violence Awareness Month and other ways you can show your support visit www.cardv.org/dvam.
You can learn more about domestic violence at http://cardv.org/aboutdv.php
There are many ways you can support survivors:
- Volunteer with us, click here for more information.
- Become a financial supporter, click here for more information.
- Like and share our Facebook posts, click here to visit our Facebook page